Division: Doors, Frames & Hardware
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $45.00 per hour
*** Salary dependent on experience, skills, and qualifications; is negotiable. ***
AM Cabinets Inc. is a commercial architectural millwork company looking for new team members to grow and maintain its status of one Southern California’s industry leaders.
This position is responsible for creating Door, Frame and Hardware Submittals. The incumbent will be using Avaware to create submittals that will be used for purchasing and field installation. Incumbent will require knowledge of materials used in fabrication along with their specifications in order to create a door/frame/hardware material list.
- Education: Associates degree or certificate in CAD drafting, Mechanical, or Product Engineering; or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years’ experience is preferred for this position using Avaware or equivalent program.
- Must have an understanding of hardware and codes related to fire life safety.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office platforms (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to work in a professional manner and collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret construction drawings and door bid in order to build door frame and hardware schedules for architect’s approval.
- Assess the drawings to determine the proper starting product to be modified to create new custom products; ability to create custom products.
- Understanding of basic machine operations and distinguishing proper tooling to assign for each machining action.
- Include and assign machining for applicable hardware including hinges, locksets, panics, closers etc.
- Provide complete, detailed, and accurate hardware submittals that engineer the drawings with the intent of the architect while adhering to all applicable codes and regulations.
- Develop and modify existing products from established standard specifications.
- Prepare approval drawings that ensure all the essential product information is signed off by the customer.
**The duties of these positions may change from time to time. AM Cabinets Inc. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.